Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a “Global Rotating COE Engineer” in Houston, TX.
- Improving the safety, reliability and efficiency/cost improvements of all Rotating Equipment globally. The key measure will be OEE losses related to Rotating Equipment.
- Foster and hold relationships with key plant personnel to influence behaviors/decisions to align with corporate initiatives/direction
- Be an influential team member, meet deadlines, be responsive, and maintain a positive professional demeanor.
- Own and drive improvement of the OEE Rotating Equipment losses KPI and other significant Rotating Equipment KPIs
- Develop/Maintain/Implement Global Rotating Equipment Standards/Guidelines
- Develop/Maintain/Implement training/best practices related to Rotating Equipment
- Provide technical support (remote or on-site) to solve Rotating Equipment problems by working closely with maintenance, inspection, reliability, operations, & process personnel
- Perform remaining life analysis on Rotating equipment for continued operations
- Lead and/or support Root Cause Failure Analysis of major Rotating Equipment problems
- Mentor and train plant engineers in Rotating Equipment
- Develop Global bad actor list and Support/Assist in complex bad actor resolution
- Ensure proper proactive equipment condition monitoring and protection programs are covered through PMs.
- Perform turnaround planning assessments and provide execution technical assistance as needed.
- Audit plants’ rotating equipment in Regulatory, M&R Standards Compliance, or participate in other Nouryon teams as needed
- Perform technical Due Diligence as needed for potential M&A activities
- Provide technical consulting during the capital project FEL process
- Provide support for Major Capital Projects fabricated equipment selection and inspection to ensure reliability
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in maintenance and reliability and recognized as an industry SME on Rotating Equipment
- Damage mechanisms and material selection
- Significant experience with regulated chemicals
- Minimum of B.S. in Engineering discipline (typically mechanical)
- Six Sigma black belt certification desired but not required
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Sense of Urgency
- Technical expertise within Rotating Equipment
- Experience with vibration analysis software
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Damage mechanisms and metallurgical familiarity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to condense/communicate technical information to upper management effectively
- Ability to mentor engineers